NEWS

‘It was an accident; my son did not carry a gun to kill anybody’ – Salifu Amoako says during church service

Bishop Salifu Amoako

Famous Ghanaian religious leader, Bishop Salifu Amoako, whose 16-year-old boy involved in the tragic accident that claimed the lives of two young girls in East Legon on Saturday, October 12, 2024, has told critics to stop talking about the incident.

Many people have shared their views on the devastating news.

Reacting to it during a church service at Alive Chapel International on Sunday, October 20, Bishop Amoako defended stated that the incident was a tragic accident, not an intentional act of violence.

He was unhappy about how the tragedy is being sensationalized—and called for restraint.

Defending his son, Bishop Amoako said he did not commit murder but was involved in an unforeseen and tragic accident.

He pleaded with Ghanaians to allow the legal process to take its course and avoid making premature judgments.

“It was an accident. My son did not carry a gun to kill anybody. He was involved in a terrible accident. I didn’t cause it, nor did his mother. It’s because of my name that people are talking,” he said.

Bishop Amoako asserted that the intense public scrutiny surrounding the accident is due to his status in society.

“If this had been an Okada [motorcycle] accident, would anyone be talking about it? It’s only because of my name. So keep quiet, and let’s see what the Lord will do.”

Related posts

RTI Commission Slaps GH¢60k Fine On Keta Municipal Assembly

adminfirstnews

Ministry of Education Denies Allegations of Owing Organisations

adminfirstnews

Ghana’s Interior Ministry Announces Recruitment for Police, Prisons, Fire, and Immigration

adminfirstnews

Leave a Comment