Firstnewsroom
NEWS

What to know about Ebo Noah’s case

Ebo Noah

For months, a Christmas Day prophecy of a worldwide flood circulated widely online, fueling fear, curiosity and debate far beyond Ghana’s borders. At the center of the storm was Evans Eshun, better known to his followers as Ebo Noah, a social media figure who said he had received a divine warning of an imminent global catastrophe.

Eshun rose to international attention in 2025 after declaring that God had instructed him to construct a modern-day ark to save humanity from a biblical-style deluge he predicted would begin on December 25, 2025. Through TikTok and YouTube, he posted videos and images showing himself beside what he described as massive wooden boats, presenting them as arks under construction somewhere in Ghana.

That narrative unraveled after Christmas passed without incident.

On New Year’s Eve, the Ghana Police Service took Eshun into custody, citing a breach of the Public Order Act. Investigators say their preliminary findings show he is not a pastor or preacher, but a security guard employed at a private school in Madina, a suburb of Accra.

Police also challenged his claims about the ark itself. According to investigators, the boat displayed in his social media posts was not his and was not a large vessel at all. They say it was a small boat belonging to another person, which Eshun posed beside, photographed and later enhanced to appear much larger.

Authorities say no ark was ever built. The boat featured online, they insist, belonged to someone else entirely.

During questioning, Eshun told police he completed Accra Polytechnic, now Accra Technical University, where he earned an HND in Purchasing and Supply. He also reportedly admitted that the prophecy and related posts were created as social media content.

He was formally arraigned on Friday, January 2, 2026, on charges of false communication with the intent to put the public into fear and panic. The court ordered that he be remanded in police custody for two weeks and directed that he undergo a psychological assessment ahead of the next adjourned date, January 16, 2026.

Despite the failed prediction, Eshun initially doubled down online. After Christmas Day passed without a flood, he released new videos claiming that intense fasting and prayers had persuaded God to “postpone” the disaster to give more people time to repent.

The saga triggered real-world consequences. Police say some individuals abandoned their homes and traveled to his alleged ark site in anticipation of the flood. One video that circulated widely showed a person who reportedly journeyed from Liberia to Elmina in Ghana’s Central Region to join the project.

Public skepticism also grew. Critics accused Eshun of deception after footage emerged of him driving a luxury Mercedes-Benz, with some alleging donations meant for the ark had been diverted to fund the vehicle.

On December 31, 2025, police arrested him for allegedly causing fear and panic among the public. Investigations into the full scope of the case are ongoing as authorities assess the social and psychological impact of the false prophecy.

Related posts

“Had to Show Off a Bit” – Kuami Eugene Recalls Driving to Ex’s Place After Buying First Car

adminfirstnews

Some Residents Of Sunyani Demonstrate Over What They Call Under Development

adminfirstnews

I Am Unhappy With The Work Of Martin Amidu-Kweku Baako Jnr

adminfirstnews

Leave a Comment